Friday, March 13, 2009

Pre-Weekend Update

Pebbles has found a place to live. She had to take her dogs over for an "audition" and I guess they passed. That and a hefty pet deposit. She has also updated her relationship status on facebook, so I'm assuming she's moving on. She "friended" me last night, but after poking around, I think that I'm much more comfortable with the Reader's Digest of her life. So we'll have a chat about that and I think I'll request to be "unfriended".

In other Pebbles news, she signed the lease on her new place (she'll be sharing the bottom floor of a two story house in the M streets with a girlfriend), went back to work and got a 10% pay cut. Ouch. The cut was firm-wide. And it may not be the last. She's a bit freaked about that, as anyone would be.

On the size of my ass, I had almost talked myself out of the gym yesterday, as I had an emergency meeting called for 1pm, but a co-worker just dropped in my office at 11am, said she was going to the gym, so I went and ran with her. I didn't get in a full workout, but I ran a couple of miles and then got cleaned up for the "all hands" meeting. Our software vendor is making "marketing decisions" that will drive me to drink.

To further earlier conversations about weekends and staying healthy, my plans for the weekend include: boxing class on Saturday morning, menu planning and grocery shopping, dinner out Saturday night (seafood) and chilling out. I will try to plan my own meals, regardless of Bick's schedule, and if I start to stray, I will spend time on my illustrated journal.

The illustrated journal is from Simple Abundance - I think that's the title of the book - it's by the woman I always want to call Sarah BreakNeck, but I know that's not right. I don't follow her suggests exactly, but I do gather my magazines, pictures, other memorabilia and cut and paste and illustrate stuff into my written, bound journal. It's sort of a zen ego boost, if that makes any sense.

So that's my loosely-defined plan for staying on track this weekend. And we all know what they say about the best laid plans!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Put your face in a book.

-Roxie
161.5

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your daughter is moving on, but sorry she had a pay cut. That sucks.

    I didn't get to ride yesterday cause of this cold and drizzle crap weather we're having in H. I need an indoor bike, I think.

    That journal thing sound good. I need to do that. We are off for Spring break so I may give it a try.

    Have a great weekend, even if you have to chuck your plans!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.