Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Roxie Rebellion

I had a rebellious weekend. I didn't exercise and I basically ate popcorn for two plus days. I felt like crap going into the weekend and I felt even worse coming out of it. I was basically having a tantrum about aging. Not really about how I look, more about how I feel. And that try as I might, I cannot outrun time. Oh, I do know that exercise prolongs life and function - I firmly believe that, but I was just in a snit about hurting, creaking and a whole 'nother unbloggable list of complaints of the aging,menopausal body, plus the whole dental bone graft thing that's coming up.

So yesterday I just tried to do the next right thing - I won't even call it "back on the wagon" because that implies judgment - either good or bad, and I'm tired of viewing myself in those terms. I'm just acknowledging (after the fact, apparently) that I was doing the dumb teenager thing and rebelling against what I know are the right choices for me. So I did the dreadmill yesterday for a little extra time, rather than punish myself with the boot camp class. Then I came home, changed into my yoga clothes and spent some time on the mat, both practicing yoga and some meditation. Felt better immediately.

Went to bed early - which irritates the bejesus out of Bick (fodder for another post) and got a decent night's sleep and am up early to do more of the same - reading, meditating and posing.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Do what works. Then do it some more.

-Roxie
I'll probably weigh again on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. I had some of the same rebellion over the weekend. Tired of planning and plotting to lose my next pound. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aging beats the alternative! That's one of the reasons I like running races. I love passing all the younger kids that SHOULD be leaving me in their dust. And I'm not even fast! Hang in there, this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.