Thursday, April 30, 2009

100 Pounds Down (Again)

Finally re-hit the 100 pounds down mark (again). It's been several months - since we left for Ireland, I think - since I've seen the 150's. 257 was my highest recorded weight, although I might have gotten heavier, who knows.

I first hit the 100 Pounds Down mark in November or December of 2005 and went on over the next few months to drop down into the high 130's. Not a sustainable weight for me. I was living alone, had taken up running and because I was quitting smoking, I removed every morsel of food from the house. If I wanted something to eat, I had to drive from Reata South to civilization to get it. If I wanted dinner at night, I needed to pick it up and bring it home with me. My fridge was stocked with nothing but Diet Coke. Completely and totally unnatural and unsustainable conditions.

I continued adding mileage to my running and was able to sustain the low weight for a while, but not over the long haul. Not with moving in with Bick, having food in the house, and cooking the way we love to cook and eat. I've also reduced my exercise to a more moderate level that doesn't leave me in constant hip pain (now my shoulder is another matter). So on the whole, this is a more balanced approach to living a real life. I'd like to hit 149, but I'm not going to stress out about it. I'm just going to try to do the right stuff today and let tomorrow worry about itself. I'm healthy and fit and living a real life and that's far more important than any specific number on the scale. If I hit 149, that would be great, but I'm not going to suspend enjoyments to do it. It's all about balance.

Oh, and I know that this is water weight and I'll probably bounce around some more, but I'm hopeful the scale will continue to move downward in a slow steady rate.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find your happy weight.

Roxie
-157

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I will find my happy weight...yes I will. Your accomplishmnet is awesome! Thakns for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your attitude. You always inspire me with your wisdom and your wit! Thanks for sharing your story. It's proof that even if we start this road all wrong, we can come out on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll find your happy weight. Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.