Friday, April 24, 2009

Back to Basics

On the mornings when I practice yoga, I normally do my own "routine". After yesterday's restorative classes, I realized that I needed to go back to more stretching and less active poses. So I popped in my first ever yoga DVD - one that I first bought in VHS format - AM/PM Yoga for Beginners with Rodney Yee and Patricia Walden. The morning portion, led by Yee, is really slow, stretchy and nice. A lovely way to start a day and I find that being in a "led" class is very enjoyable. Being reminded to lengthen this or soften that leads to a much better experience overall.

We are heading for Germanfest this weekend, weather permitting. This is back in Bick's old stomping grounds. I would prefer going to PrairieFest for my festival needs, but out is out. Should be fun.

My plan is to hit the gym for a run in the morning (I might even chose to run at lunch, rather than elliptical), then go festivaling. Sunday might be another festival or it might just be recovery - either way, should be good.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Be flexible.

-Roxie

3 comments:

We'll try this for a while.