Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bikram Yoga

Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Smell of Wet Dog. Family drama caused the cancellation of Friday's birthday lunch plans for my sister and daughter, so I headed out to Dallas to see Pebbles anyway. I saw her new (rented) house in the M streets (it's fun and funky and the neighborhood is fab) and then I went with her to her yoga studio for "hot yoga". It was a wonderful class with a great instructor.

We went back to her place, got cleaned up and went out to lunch for Greek food (I'm sensing a theme - hi Tena!) and it was awesome. We traipsed through some junk/thrift stores looking for some retro-ish outdoor furniture, but could find nothing she liked. We ended up at WorldMarket, where she did find a few things she wanted - and I continued the birthday celebration and bought them for her. Under her protest, I might add. I do appreciate her independence, but I wanted to do this for her. All in all, it was a lovely day.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Try something new.

-Roxie

2 comments:

We'll try this for a while.