Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bless Your Pea Pickin' Heart

Just came in from picking peas. The garden is doing great, so far. We determined that we need to plant more peas next winter, but in a different place. We also need to trellis/stake them much sooner. The bonus we are getting this year is that they sorta block some of the wind from the tomato and pepper plants in the next raised bed. We are going to try to use our new tomato trelli(?) next winter for our peas. I bought new-fangled tomato cages this year - sort of like a Tinker Toys. They are designed to form a triangle cage, but it seems to me that we could configure them in whatever way we want.

Went to the gym first rattle out of the cage this morning and got in a good workout. Talked to my boxing coach about my shoulder and we may work out some personal training sessions in lieu of my remaining boxing lessons.

SadieLuWho is off to her monthly trip to the doggy saloon to get powdered and fluffed and then Bick and I are off to one of the aforementioned festivals later this morning. First will be a brunch Greek omelet dish made with the farm fresh eggs that the neighbor brought us last night. Yummy.

Got a surprise visit from Pebbles yesterday afternoon. She said she was doing really well and was happy with her decision. She looks fabulous. And we did our requisite shoe shopping. Upon her insistence, I came home with three new pair! I'll need to cull the current shoe population to make way for these new ones. Pebbles seems to have the knack for picking out the perfect shoe for me and they always turn out to be my "go to" shoes. I bought two reasonable pair and one pair that may well border on fetishy, but they look fabulous on me, I must agree.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Eat Farm Fresh.

-Roxie

160.5

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your a morning person like I am. Mornings are when I am at my best. I am going to plant a garden for sure at my next house. This is great time to have a garden. I have seen where people have taken their entire front lawns and made gardens. Have a fun weekend. glad to hear your daughter is doing well. 3 new pairs of shoes. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh picked peas and new shoez. Ah, the good life!

    Have fun at the festival...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.