Monday, April 13, 2009

I Hold These Truths

Off to a good start this week. Spent some time in meditation this morning, plus did a few sun salutations to start the week. Today's go-me plan includes some lunchtime cardio, coupled with some good clean eating. I've been letting all of that slide a bit too much lately. I need to understand what's driving this.

The truth is that 80% of maintaining a healthy weight is diet, with a mere 20% exercise. Eating clean. Healthful foods in healthful portions. As I read on another blog this morning, it takes a helluva lot of training to make up for a poor diet/eating habits. And I've been indulging/sabotaging/pick you poision for a while now. Time to stop the slide. With a gentle, loving nudge back to the straighter and narrower.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Stay true.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. Nothing shines like the truth. great post, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going the straight and narrow, too! Changing old habits is tough, even when we want to.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.