Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Make It Sparkly!

I don't know where I got this expression, but it so irks Bick, so I use it as a closure on most of my emails to him (he's a crusty old fart with a soft gooey inside - shhh!). Today I need to use it as my theme for the day as I return to the real world. I've been off work for a couple of weeks and while I still can't eat actual food, I need my routine back! So I am grateful to be returning to work, albeit with a bag full of soup.

I hit the gym early yesterday morning and I came to the realization that I need to work hard on shoulder rehab as I'm easing back into a fitness routine. I am going to commit to doing my exercises diligently for the next couple of weeks before returning to the doc about it. I've done nothing in the last couple of weeks, so rest isn't helping. So, today will be a treadmill walk at lunch, followed by some shoulder rehab.

Wednesday I have another checkup with my dental pro. I am hopeful that he will release me to soft foods - this liquid diet has me pretty cranky. I am excited to start a new class on kundalini yoga on Wednesday evening, as well. I don't know if I will like it, but I'm interested in attending. Kundalini yoga is more about postures coupled with meditations and sharpening of mental focus. I've never done this specific yoga practice, so I'm looking forward to it.

So I've pulled on my positive britches and am starting the day with the thought and intention that today will be a "sparkly" day. I'm off for a bit of yoga and meditation practice in my re-arranged yoga room. It's time to get into the groove again.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Set your intention for the day.

-Roxie

3 comments:

We'll try this for a while.