Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Not Going As Well As I'd Hoped

Recovery hasn't happened as fast as I'd hoped. While the whole process wasn't as bad as I'd feared, I haven't been able to make it through a day with only OTC pain control. I guess I will have to today, as I must drive into Where the West Begins to get the stitches/packing removed. Then I need to attend an a retirement party at work. And I already feel bad.

Bick's 30th high school reunion gathering is this weekend. I'm going up with him, but not attending. I'm going to laze around with SadieLuWho, watch cable TV and soak in the in-room whirlpool tub(if available). I'm sure a change of scenery will help.

I am looking forward to getting my life back.

Roxie

4 comments:

  1. Give yourself a break, see what the dentist says today when you get the stitches out. Just typing that makes my gums twinge.

    Take the meds! Too bad you can't find a designated driver for your outings today.

    Hope you are feeling better enough to enjoy your little trip this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya, Roxie -

    I'm hoping you're on the verge of a tipping point in your recovery. May this weekend will turn out better than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are on the verge of feeling better. Don't try to do too much, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing the stitches will be a relief - and not that big a deal either, right? Lay low, get well. Soon(ish)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.