Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bick is a Premature Evacuator

There. I said it. Bick is far too quick to yank plants out of the landscape if he thinks they are not performing. I planted three fig trees (He doesn't like figs - I think this is a key plot point)and they started out great. We got a couple of late frosts here in Texas and it caught all the green growth. So yes, they did look like sticks for a while and, yes, I think 2 were actually dead. But Bick yanked them all out of the ground. Pissed me right off. And he didn't discard the evidence so a when I wandered around the back of the house, there was one plant starting to leaf out again. Pissed. Again.

He did this to our tomato plants last year. We didn't get much in the way of a crop before it got to hot and so he yanked the plants out of the ground. Everyone else in the free world had a nice fall tomato crop except us.

I was reminded of this when I went to the plant show yesterday. We should have entered! I'll show these Texas gardeners what some green beans are supposed to look like! Anyway, there on the park grounds was a beautiful and loaded fig tree. Pissed me right off again. I had a "come-to-Jesus" meeting with him about the green beans. Yes, they don't look as stout as they did a few weeks ago, but they are still blooming and what are we going to plant in their place anyway - just leave them the hell alone. We'll see.

If you put money on us staying home last night, you won.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Practice patience.

-Roxie
151.5


Water: 6
Homegrown food: zucchini for the breakfast fritatta, tomato and basil for the caprese salad.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of having a hubby....lol.

    Next year you go get your green bean award!

    Your weight is down again.....good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have him start quoting baseball stats . . . - oh, wait - evacuator! Ok then.

    I've been known to take a hurting plant and move it someplace out of the way and let it recover (or not) there rather than leave it in place and create a hole in my landscape. Of course, that means you have to beat the premature evacuator to the punch in the first place huh?

    I don't have to worry about Cindy yanking a plant out - that's my domain apparently. That and vermin I get all to myself. Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.