Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Girls' Night Out

Had a blast from the past last night. Went out with three work friends to a bar that used to be close to our job nearly THIRTY YEARS AGO. I first wandered in to this bar mid-April 1979, when I was visiting Texas on spring break. After I moved here, I did go to this bar on occasion, along with several other in the owners' stable of nightclubs.

The old bar did not reopen in the same place, but it did reopen with hundreds of old pictures both on their website and in the bar itself. Disregard the Wet T-Shirt type photos (I never saw any of those contests) and just look at the people. What a blast from the past! Why did we ever, ever, ever think any of those looks were attractive?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find a way to have a few laughs.

-Roxie
153.5

2 comments:

  1. Lots of T's and A's.....lol! The hair and outfits really take me back.

    Glad you found some time to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did like our hair back then, didn't we?!! It cracks me up to see the pantyhose with cut-offs. lol, yes, I wore them, too. Thanks for the flash-back!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.