Saturday, June 20, 2009

Like Steve McQueen, All I Need's A Fast Machine

This morning's work out was awesome. I spent a little more than two hours in the gym on various machines and got in a good and enjoyable workout. Came home and picked more green beans. I'm just in from the garden and getting ready to take a shower and head off to the county master gardener show. Turns out there is a competition! It's like my old county fair, except it's in the middle of June instead of later in the growing season. Oh and they don't accept pickles. That's strange. Anyway, looking forward to that.

Picked the first vine ripe tomato today, so I may go buy some fresh mozzarella and pick some of my basil for a caprese salad. Bick and I are supposed to go out to a fancy-pants (for this area) dinner tonight, but I'd be just fine with having a first course here. And I know the ingredients couldn't be fresher! If I were a betting man, however, I wouldn't bet that we'll make it off the porch. I'm a homebody and Bick makes me look like a jet-setter. We NEED to get out more.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Avoid getting pickled.

-Roxie
152

Yesterday's water and homegrown food:
Water 2 (I've had 5 already today!)
onions from lunch fajitas. I had dinner out after meeting.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite songs. Sheryl Crow rocks! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.