Saturday, June 13, 2009

Odds and Ends, Tips and Tails

Dentist appointment went well. He said I am healing beautifully. Next check up is in six weeks. I've been cleared to eat anything I want except chips, nuts, popcorn and crusty bread. Save the nuts, I try not to eat any of that anyway, so I'm good.

Work=Busy. No gym time. No lunch time. It will get better. I've been trying to up my yoga/stress relief time at home during this patch. Seems to be working.

Bick is away today, so I've got the day to myself. Unfortunately, I think it will involve laundry. I know it will involve tipping, tailing, blanching and freezing about 7.5 pounds of green beans. The garden (which is not that big - 4 4X10 raised beds total) is producing green beans at a blistering pace. So I've got to get these in the freezer today and be ready for more to come on soon.

In other news, a while back Meg mentioned the Martha Beck article in the latest Oprah magazine. I'm assuming it's the issue when the article about relaxing your way to thin/health/whatever. I hope it was health, as thin isn't necessarily healthy. Anyway, it was a very interesting read and one that I agree with. If I can stay less stressed, more relaxed and more in the present, the less likely I am to make less-than-optional choices. My feelings of well-being are more positive when I'm relaxed, etc. This year I've made an effort to increase my meditation/yoga/deep breath time and I think it's made a big difference in how I feel, which in turns, makes a big difference in the choices I make regarding my physical lifestyle.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Spend five minutes today breathing deeply.

-Roxie
155.5

2 comments:

  1. Stress is a killer. Thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that article too. Found it interesting and I too agree that stress and my attitude make all the difference.

    Just another reminder that this journey isn't about food.

    It's hard to stay in the moment, but when I do I am always rewarded.

    I can rememeber "putting up" green beans when I was a kid with my mom. Good times. Enjoy your Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.