Monday, June 29, 2009

Trying Something New

I'm trying something new for breakfast. It remains to be seen if it will make the rotation. I'm having Greek Yogurt with fresh raspberries and strawberries. I normally do an egg thing in the morning - a good protein source. This may feel too desserty for me. I just hope it sticks with me. I brought a couple of boiled eggs as a backup.

I fixed chili verde yesterday. Yummy! I had Bick outside with the blowtorch roasting poblanos. He invited Sandy over for dinner last night and so we ran into town to get some ice cream for their dessert. He wanted berries to serve with it, so I had some fresh berries for my dessert last night, too. I served up their ice cream, added fresh raspberries (Bick had NEVER eaten a fresh raspberry) and sliced strawberries, topped with some real whipping cream. I then toasted up some almonds and sprinkled on top. All served in a cocktail glass. I should have taken a picture.

I've got one more tough day at work today, then the tough month of June will be pretty much out the door. And there might be exciting vacation news in the offing. I don't want to jinx anything by mentioning it now. I am hopeful that things will come together in the next day or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sandy's visit was pleasant. She still hasn't found a job. She's bored and broke. I would call it a teachable moment. She was talkative and hung around for quite a while. It was a nice time. Bick and I had a talk about her after she left. He's taking all of this very personally and I tried to tell him that none of this necessarily directed at him. I think she's far too self-centered (as are most children at her age) to even consider anyone else. I've had the interesting experience of re-reading my old blogs from when Pebbles was this ago. It was NOT all sunshine and roses for us, either. That seemed to give Bick some comfort.

All in all, a nice weekend.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't take things too personally.

-Roxie
152.5

H20: 2
HGF: some peppers for the chili verde, tomatoes for the guac.

6 comments:

  1. I live by "don't take things too personally" mantera. Usually, even if things are directed at us, they REALLY don't have anything to do with us, they are about what the other person is dealing with. I have saved myself ALOT of resentment this way!

    Glad you had good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, that may be the smartest thing I've heard anyone say in a long time. I'm going to ponder upon those thoughts..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum & yum! The toasted almonds were an elegant touch. BTW - what flavor of ice cream

    I sometimes mix it up by having greek yogurt for breakfast instead of eggbeaters. I love how I feel after eating nonfat greek yogurt packed with fresh berries and sprinkled with ground flax seeds.

    Glad your busy period at work is coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee - I don't know if you have Bluebell Ice cream where you are - but it was Bluebell Homemade Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take EVERYTHING personally... and it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love greek yogurt for breakfast. I do like Lee and add ground flax and frozen blueberries. So good.

    I'm going to jot down what Dana said about taking things personally. I've cornered the market on that phrase but I'm working on changing that!

    Oh, the suspense! Can't wait to hear about your vacay plans!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.