Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Have Pashmina, Will Travel

I've solved my reunion wear dilemma. I'm going to wear this really cute (I think) bright colored paisley skirt with my orange sandals. I was wearing this outfit yesterday and told my sister that I was thinking of it as reunion wear. She told me it was very cute, but to lose the Librarian's cardigan (apologies to any librarian's reading this, she said it, not me). So after thinking about this a while, I decided that I needed a hot pink pashmina as a cover. Turns out Target has them, so off I went to get one.

Backstory: I felt awful last night and I took some allergy/sinus/cold meds that leave me in a stupor and damned hung-over and unfit to drive. Bick asked me this morning when I knocked the trash over last night. I told him I didn't remember knocking over the trash and just leaving it askew in the kitchen. He told me that I must have done it because he'd asked Sadie if she did it and she said no. (For those new here - Sadie is the dog - and I actually believe him and her. If she'd done something stupid, she won't hang around wagging her tail, she hides.)

So after I sobered up this morning (and after I called in) I decided to take a trip into Target to get my pashmina. They didn't have pink, but they had orange, so I'm all set. And it turns out I'm going to need that outfit again before the month is over. Friend and sometime poster Meg is getting married at the end of August and I am going to the wedding. Already booked. And I'll be wearing my reunion outfit to Meg's wedding in New Jersey.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Be ready.

-Roxie
152

6 comments:

  1. I think I speak for all non-homosexual males when I say "What the hell is Pashmina?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack I looked it up on Wikipedia -
    Pashmina refers to a type of fine cashmere wool and the textiles made from it.
    The name comes from Pashmineh, made from Persian pashm ("wool").
    The wool comes from changthangi or pashmina goat, which is a special breed of goat indigenous to high altitudes of the Himalayas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a winner. Tell us what does Anne H win!

    Seriously, Anne is right, although since I bought my pashmina at Target, no goats were shaved in order to keep my flappy arms covered. Some Polly Esthers may have given their all, however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog. I'm so happy about the goats! I expected no less from you, and Target.
    Roxie, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have had to look it up too, but my sister-in-law sent me a beautiful one for Christmas. She lives in Saskatchewan. It gets really cold and she has a need for these things. I am an almost 50 year old woman, living near Hotlanta spending the majority of my time pulling weeds and such. So if you ever want to borrow mine...I'm just sayin'.

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I confess, I thought pashmina was a super food of some sort.

    me <---fashion failure

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.