Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Hey MuffinTop, Back Away From the McMuffin"

Last night I woke up at about 2am and couldn't get back to sleep to save me. Bick is a snorer and I routinely sleep in both a sleep mask and earplugs, but neither helped. I finally went out to sleep on the couch, but I got an attack of Monkey Brain. Didn't get to sleep until close to wake-up time and when Bick startled me awake this morning, I darned near punched him in the pecans.

I've given up my weekday morning coffee, but I was ready for a big cuppa joe this morning. Except no cream. So on my way to work, to keep me awake, I decided to stop at McD's to give their new coffees a try. About the time I was headed into the drive-thru, Pebbles called me regaling me with stories from her long-weekend in Denver. She was an absolute Chatty Kathy and I did want to hear what she had to say without interruption, so I just kept circling the McDonald's until it became clear that she wasn't shutting up any time soon. I finally found a shady spot in the parking lot and just stopped to visit.

Finally we finished our conversation and I circled one more time to get back in the drive-up line. I ordered my hot latte, with non-fat and sugar-free vanilla syrup, medium and proceeded to the pick-up point. The worker told me there was a problem and could I please pull forward and wait.

So I pull forward - all the time thinking that somewhere I've been reported for stalking a McDonald's.

"Lady, please step out of the car. You are in violation of your lifestyle agreement. You are not to be within 1500 feet of where potatoes are frying."

Don't know why it took them so long to get my coffee, but I finally got it and made my way to work. Now to stay awake for the rest of the day.

On tap - gym at lunch - probably rowing again.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get your rest.

-Roxie
150

HGF: green beans and sauteed squash

9 comments:

  1. That's funny - you are a great blogger. I can see this happening as I was reading along...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In violation of your lifestyle agreement.....you funny lady!

    Maybe they had to send out to Starbucks for the coffee this morning....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you had the drive-thru worker flummoxed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of lack of sleep and a cup of coffee comes a great, funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stalker! Too, funny!

    So how was the coffee? I don't trust myself in the drive thru :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tena,

    This was the second time I'd had the latte. I had an iced latte, same additives, on Saturday at a different McD's and it was awful. Tasted burned. Sandy said the same thing of her iced mocha, fully dressed.

    Today's was okay. I couldn't really tell a big difference from Starbucks. I'm not a big coffee drinker and buy it away from home even more infrequently, so I may not be the best judge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I a BYOC girl, myself. But every now and then I venture to S-bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so funny!

    I am a huge coffee drinker (I roast my own) and I haven't had the nerve to try McD's coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori,

    Is there really a difference? SBUX always tastes a little over-roasted to me - what's your opinion and can you fix me a cup of your coffee?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.