Monday, July 6, 2009

It's a Marvelous Night for a Moondance



The weekend is over and it was lovely. I got some stuff done around Reata North - the porches are all stained and pretty looking. Got in some good exercising. Ate well from the garden. The weather has broken so it's a bit cooler and the bees have apparently ended their strike. I went out to do my garden fertility dance over the weekend and damned near got chased out of the garden by the very busy bees. That's good news for sure!

I was doing some thinking during my "wax on, wax off" porch staining zen time about staying in the moment and focusing on the here and now. Remembering to breathe deeply - and being open to what's being thrown my way. Remember to practice the fine art of doing nothing. Spent some good time on the yoga mat this morning.

I'm scheduled to hit the gym at lunch and am setting an intention of getting back into that routine starting with today.

All and all, it's a good time.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Spend some time in the moonlight.

-Roxie
153.5

HGF- Weekend Roundup: The world's best tomatoes - Cherokee Purples, just sliced up in big old slabs as a side with dinner. Summer squash, herbs and onions grated into a stove top casserole. Home-made pesto and sun-dried tomatoes as a sauce for the fish. Stewed tomatoes and okra.
H2O: 2 or more each day.

pics: Moonflowers at Reata North.

7 comments:

  1. It must be great to have a garden to have fresh fruits and vegetables. Sometimes you need time to relax and do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sauce for the fish sounds good. Water is always important. Nice plan for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've already eaten my weight in tomatos this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know the bees are doing their thing. I would have enjoyed another "pollination" story though. The last one was too funny.

    I need to try yoga. I hear you talking about it and think....maybe that could for me.

    Thanks Roxie, for all your great feedback......I depend on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have green Cherokee purples on the vine...I can not wait. They are one of my favorites too. The moon flowers are beautiful!

    (What's Reata North?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty,

    Reata North is where we live. Technically it is Bick's house. I own a house a couple of counties away that I refer to as Reata South. My Mom and sister moved into my house (Reata South) after I moved in with Bick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good many of my references for things come from the movie Giant, including Bick and The Reatas.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.