Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Loving Kindness


I got the idea of themes from my friend (and soon to be married! YAY!) Meg. My theme this year has been to treat myself with loving kindness. I've spent too many years, decades even, beating myself up over every thing, both big and small. Self-awareness is a good thing, but when I expect perfection out of mind or body, badness happens.

So back to the theme - loving kindness, I give you this link to Jen, The Comfort Queen. She practices and preaches loving kindness and taking good care of yourself. She describes her life as:

“I help women remember they get to choose their lives.”



Exactly how cool is that? We have choices.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. And in my best Jamie Lee Curtis voice: Make good choices!

-Roxie
150

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, good reminder - if we don't show the good example, who else will follow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I never beat myself up. I gave in to my every spoiled wish.
    Looks like both strategies end up in the same place - can you be in the outskirts of the Universe? Or did both strategies originate from there!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.