Friday, July 10, 2009

Pleasantly Surprised


A week or so ago I'd mentioned to Sandy, Bick's daughter, that I was thinking about going to pick blackberries. I decided against it, so didn't go a week or so ago. Sandy called Bick and asked if I was still planning on doing this and if so, she wanted to go with. So, guess what? Sandy and I are going blackberry picking tomorrow. I told her that it would work best if she just came over on Friday night, as we would need to leave the house at 6:45 am in order to get to the field by 7am. So that was the plan. She said she was looking forward to it. And she wants me to teach her how to make cobbler.

Fast forward to last evening (Thursday). Bick's phone rings and it's Sandy and she wants to know if it's okay if she just comes over early. Bick, of course, tells her to come on over. This has never happened. She's never been this spontaneous with us. She came over, had dinner, laughed and goofed around. Saw the community college catalog that by happenstance had arrived in the mail that very day, grabbed it up and just plopped right down and planned out her fall schedule at school. I don't even know what to think. I'm hoping for good things and I know that her daddy went to bed last night a very happy man.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Enjoy things as they are today.

-Roxie

150.5

Mileage: 2.5 mile walk at lunch

pic Sandy on the left, Bick on the right on the beach that is no more (2008)

6 comments:

  1. Blackberry cobbler? Thanks for making me drool all over my keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great. Kids! I wish my 20 year old son would show an interest in college. Alas, no such luck. At least he has a job...what am I complaining about.

    Have a great weekend! Loved the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exactly is going on in the photo? I like the Hobo Kelly sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds SOOOO good. must be hungry for berries. But then again, what's not to like about berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific! about Sandy. *smiles*

    Can you tease us with a pic of cobbler?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bick is a handsome guy! I'm glad things are going well with Sandy!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.