Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sisterhood of the Revolving Pants

I trust my sister's taste in clothes without question. She has a near perfect eye for proportion and fit. She sold better mens suits for years and worked as a personal shopper for a select few. She's also a multiple-breed world champion horse judge as a youth, plus won every major stock show around. She's still an active judge and can look at a steer, a donkey, a chicken, a horse or a kitchen chair and tell you whether the proportions are right. She is not, however, much of a fashionista - she knows what one's flaws are and dresses people to accent what they got and hide what needs hidden. She's not going to suggest the latest if it isn't going to look good. She's never steered me wrong (so far).

And she took me shopping for reunion garb this week. I'm wearing skinny-legged black jeans. She assures me that they are stunning. I told her I haven't worn skinny-legged pants since 1983. She tells me that these pants do things for my legs that exercise can't.

So, while I'm keeping the pashmina, the other stuff - a pair of jeans and a shirt that tries to hard - that I bought are going back to the store today. She's never let me down before - I'm skeptical, but trusting.

Exercise today was a faux-row plus some outdoor walking, as today was a nice enough day. After work I'm going to my water aerobics class (if they have it). Then it's home to hillbilly haven to leftovers for Bick and whatever I can scrape together without cooking. So much for the meal plan.

Bick leaves in the morning for the family wedding in Houston, so I'll be on my own til Sunday. I'm going to get a massage, I think.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get leggy.

-Roxie
150

9 comments:

  1. There's that word again! I bet you look stunning! Great gams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I are planning a weekend getaway to Pashmina. She's so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband's on the road returning home from stomping out family fires in so cal. That means I'm on my own for dinner...I'm thinking leftover pashmina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cool to have someone to advise you - I so need that! Post a picture in your reunion outfit...I'll bet you rock those skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack and Lee - you guys make me laugh right out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too Roxie, the laughing out loud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you say "maintaining a hundred pound weight loss"???? WOW!!!! I take my hat off to you.

    I'm sure you will totally rock those skinny jeans at the reunion! Have a great time.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you! I'll be back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Good for you getting sexy jeans. Can't wait to see pictures of the reunion! Did you get some hot heels to go with those?

    Jack and Lee are a riot! I always look forward to their comments on everybody's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tena, I'm looking for some heels. I have some that might work - I've been instructed that only black, closed toe somethings will work. There should be nothing to disrupt the eye from hip to toe - should be one continuous color to add length to my leg - according to my sister. My sister, who is 6 foot tall. I am 5'5".

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.