Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Administrivia


A big thanks to the person who nominated Gravel and Rust for the "Reader's Choice: Best Weight Loss Blogs". Very Cool.

I've yet to pack. I've yet to create a list of what to pack. But it will get done, one way or the other.

Nice bike ride at the gym at lunch. I'm trying to get in some miles! I'd be a lot happier if I could watch HGTV at lunch, but there are only 5 treadmills in the whole gym that get the HGTV/Food Network/FIT TV channels. Yes, I'm one of those who will watch the Food Network while working out. Instead I switched between Overhaulin' (today was a 1970 Monte Carlo) and Michael Irvin's story - His Road to Canton. I'm such a girly-girl.

I am taking my running shoes and I hope to get in some exercise while on vacation- probably while Bick sleeps in.


I'm still facing some challenges (so far, I'm winning) with stress-eating. I've used a few of my tactics to not listen to the siren call that eating inappropriately will make me feel better. It doesn't. And I just need to keep reminding myself.

I tried to upload my senior picture that a "friend" posted on FB, but it's too small to even see. What a hoot! All glamorous in a Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax blouse. The above picture is of the exactly same blouse I wore! You can find a picture of damned near anything on the internets.

Be sweet while I'm gone.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Wear classics.

-Roxie
150

7 comments:

  1. Look at all those miles, girl! I love you calling them Frequently Tired Miles, lol.

    I miss my Gunne Sax dresses. And my 4 inch wooden wedgies. Ahh, thanks for the memory jog.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll try to behave ourselves ;)

    I hope you have the best time, Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember I had a denim jumpsuit. Thought I was HOT!

    I had a shirt that looked almost like that one too.

    Knock 'em, Kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl...(then come back!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, FINE. Just leave. We'll just sit here an wait. ::drums fingers on desktop::

    Hope you have a wonderful time!

    (I watch HGTV at the gym, too, but lots of folks are watching the Food Network. There's a lesson there, somewhere.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll water the plants.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.