Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Big Picture in Sharp Focus

Keeping one's eye on the prize can be difficult. It's easy to get sidetracked, drawn off on this tangent or that. Situations or things somehow gather momentum until they suddenly seem important, when in fact, they are not.

I embarked on a quest/journey/search for a deeper, more meaningful life in 1996. The journey has been made in three-steps-forward-two-steps-back cadence. I'm happy with the progress I've made overall, but I just need to not lose sight of the desired outcome(s). It's progress, not perfection. Live big by living small.

I want to live each day in a thoughtful, mindful manner. I want to be an importer/exporter of joy. I want to overcome fear. I want better relationships, starting with the one I have with myself.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. May we all be at peace.

-Roxie

7 comments:

  1. Amen.

    Roxie, you are very much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rox... your posts are the equivalent of a cool, calming breeze off the ocean.

    Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave at JSGF and thanks for being such a joy to read over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE that importer/exporter of love and joy - and peace! Thanks for the good things you send our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your big picture. I think it's something that we all want, but a lot of us get lost along the way or at least stumble a few times over unneccessary things. I love reading your blog...it's calming and reminds me that stressing and panicking won't get me to where I need to be. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with this:
    It's progress, not perfection

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are always a soothing balm to my soul.

    You have a knack for making me see things in a different way. A better way.

    You turn the joy on where ever you go!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.