Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Head 'em up and Move 'em out



Just a quickie this am. I'm off to do some yum yum yoga and then spend some time working in my illustrated journal. I've been neglecting it as of late and I always forget how much I enjoy scrapbooking, um, I mean illustrating my journal with pictures and mementos. I'm not a scrapbooker, really. Not.

I didn't get the okra put up last night, so that's on tap for tonight. Got the tiramisu for 18 people put together without too much trouble.

I'm looking forward to a great day, albeit a busy one. I've got a boatload of stuff to do before heading to New Jersey for the wedding weekend on Friday. I'll be packing light again. We'll see how that goes. Ha!

Nothing wise or profound to add. It's just a Wednesday and I'm looking forward to making the most of it. I'll sample another exercise class today at the gym. I am hopeful that it will be better for me than was the dance class. I'm no good at "jazz hands".

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Make the most of what you've got.

-Roxie
152.5

pic 1972 - me showing my beloved pinto pony Tinker at the county fair. It was my first horseshow, obviously. I don't know why I'm carrying a riata big enough to catch a moose. Nor do I know why I'm hatless.

9 comments:

  1. Jazz hands.
    wow on that visual.
    travel light
    we ARE light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictues, and the horses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to barrel race when I was a kid. Great pic!

    Jazz hands....cracked me up.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google riata.
    You look adorable and so does Tinker.

    I like doing collages in my artsy book but I've neglected that too. I love cutting and pasting.
    I no longer eat the glue like I used to when I was young because that was just wrong.

    Hope you have a great "justaWednesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Illustrated journal" - I love it! Um...is it wrong that I have one for my dog Paco but not my children?

    Too funny, my verification word is "perito" - Spanish for small dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jazz hands on a justWednesday would be jazzy and snazzy. :)

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Just a Wednesdays" are good, but I'll wish for you a Thrilling Thursday or something like that, for balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know you must lead an interesting life when you've got yum yum yoga, okra, jazz hands, scrapbooking and "a riata big enough to catch a moose" all in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When i worked at the ymca, I used to ride a pinto named pancho. He was great, sturdy little horse. I don't scrapbook either, I put pictures of family in a book and then add decoration and words...lmao. I also do not drive a minivan, i simply drive a very large car with sliding doors and a tailgate. Tiramasu, good grief. As long as I don't see a picture, I'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.