Monday, August 24, 2009

If You Knew Sushi Like I Know Sushi


Big Red





Malibu Something





Slater prepping Sushi with Bick looking on.





Yummy Sushi!







The new car has far too much going for it to be named Ken. I'm really having a Rip Van Winkle experience here, as the technologies that are now available just make my head spin. My car has a phone. I can call my car. It can email me if it feels poorly! You all probably knew all of this stuff, but it's new/news to me. I feel like I should name the car Hal.

Terribly busy today - but I do have a story. The guy was demo-ing all of NewCar's features and I asked "How do I turn off the seat warmers?" He looks at me like I've lost my mind and says "This car doesn't have seat warmers". And I'm thinking to myself "If this car got THIS hot just sitting here, there is no way in hell that I, a menopausal woman, can own this car - it would be Hot Flash Central. The deal is off." The car HAS seat warmers - the guy just didn't know where the on/off switch is. Turns out, I'd found it, accidently.

Went to Dallas on Sunday for sushi (prepared by Slater). Wonderful.

I'm looking forward to the gym today and looking forward to having a great day.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Be wow-ed every once in a while.

-Roxie
153.5

8 comments:

  1. Big Red looks like she just drove out of the showroom.

    Hal: I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

    Enjoy all the gadgets and geegaws!

    my word verification was "foods" ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Red does NOT look like it has 300K miles on it. Nice job with the maintenance!

    Liking the color on the Malibu Who. That is one sharp looking ride.

    Mmmmmm - sushi! Slater did one fine job preparing. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that new car smell! All the gagets would make mu head spin as well.

    Slater looks like a very intense sushi chef..lol. It looks delicious. I love sushi.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at the Malibu Something but it didn't have the buttocks massagers that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loling at the seat warmers! Our new Focus has that hands free phone - the first time that I was talking on the phone as I was leaving work, got in the car and turned it on and suddenly my friend's voice was coming out of the car speakers - well, it freaked me out a tiny bit! Maybe your car is like a magician - you could call it Malibu Doug (Henning)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...sushi.

    One of the best things I found out during this weight loss thing is that I can have sushi one night a week and still lose weight. It's working well in maintenance too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Learning a new car is so exciting! When I got mine it took me about 9 months to find my seat warmers - but I bought mine in April and didn't need them before then so I didn't feel too silly!
    Hal looks great, hope you enjoy getting to know him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hormones been kicking my ass the last few days. It's cooler and I have the A/C still blast chilling. :D

    Wow! Homemade sushi! That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.