Friday, August 28, 2009

In the Window Seat

I'm up early for my trip to NJ to attend Meg's wedding. I'm so excited to get to be there to share this wonderful occasion. I do love traveling solo. There's such a sense of adventure to it. And on this trip, I get to travel some by train. I'm inordinately excited by that prospect. I've got my schedules printed out and I will just have to be bold enough to ask questions if I am unsure of what I need to do.

I'd also planned to visit another friend of mine while I was in the area, but she's been a bit flakey, so I am unsure of how that will work out. But I do have a backup plan, and it's a doozy, so I wouldn't be all that sad if she's not at the train station to pick me up on Sunday. If that happens, I'll just crawl my happy ass back on the train and hoof it (well, ride the train) to NYC. There's a hotel that I'm familiar with on the Upper West Side and if I have to spend a day in the city, there are worse things. Looks like The Met and Whitney are closed on Monday, so it would be Sunday afternoon at the Met and Monday at the Modern before catching a late afternoon flight home. No matter what happens, it's all good.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Book your own adventure.

-Roxie

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great trip! I like train rides too.. and the idea of a spontaneous stop off in NYC - fantastic! Sounds like a win win - weekend with friends or cultural weekend in one of the most exciting cities I've been to! If you do go to NYC I hope you'll fit in some great food as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your back up plan rocks!

    Give a wave to the north as you fly by, wouldja? I'll wave back, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip however it unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip! I love train rides!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always have a back-up plan even when you think you won't need one.
    Good advice I give, but I personally don't follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do that thing like in the movies where you get up on top of the train and run across the cars. Uh oh... there's a tunnel... DUCK!

    Okay, not such a good idea...

    Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sense of adventure! Enjoy the Modern - I would love to go there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo! A day at the Met! It's been ages since I've been there. I'd so love and I'd be wishing for my flaky friend to flake out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're having a great time! And I hope you get to go to New York City. What fun. I love solo travel! You get to call the shots.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.