Saturday, August 15, 2009

Keep It Simple, Sweetheart



I am glad to be home and back into the routine, although work will be craziness for a while. It's nice to be able to cook my own food and get back to my workout routine. I haven't decided which kind of cardio I'll get today - I'll let the spirit move me once I get to the gym. And then it's off to the grocery store as the cupboards are pretty bare.

Bick's mother and sister are coming to stay over this weekend, so I need to get around here and get something done. My sister house-garden-dog sat for us while we were gone and everything was pristine when we arrived home. The house now looks like a cyclone has hit it. Work to do there. For inspiration, I'll leave you with this link to Emily. She writes and photographs a beautiful and inspiring blog, with simplicity as it's theme. Always good stuff. Right now I need to simplify my kitchen counters - too much stuff! It is a never-ending battle.

Pebbles is going to OKC to meet Slater's family today. His family lives in Tulsa, but will be in OKC for some other family function, so she gets to meet his parents and several of his SEVEN siblings. What a different life that must of been from that of being an only child!

I put my sister on a plane yesterday; she's flying into Minnesota and being picked up by a friend from Illinois. They are going to a bull and ranch horse sale somewhere in South Dakota. The logistics of all of that made me dizzy, but I'm glad to see her getting away a bit. I'll have to leave my company on Sunday night to go pick her up at the airport, but in the meantime, I'm driving Red Hot!
photo credit AmericanMuscle.com

Well, it's one more leisurely cup of weekend coffee and then it's off to the gym.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find pleasure in the simple things.

-Roxie
152.5

4 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to link to me! my kitchen counters are clean but the rest of my house looks like a tornado hit :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check out Emily's site. Thanks for the heads up. I don't have alot, so my house is pretty uncluttered....lol.

    Nice ride! Enjoy your company. Have a great weekend.

    thanks for your support since you've gotten back. I missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny, I am one of seven and two of my three brothers have both married only childs. There must be some kind of pattern there somewhere.
    As always I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting back into a routine feels so good, even though it can take a few days to get everything sorted out!
    Good luck with your re-entry! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.