Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Prayer

Today there are bloggers - some that I know and some that I don't - who are going through trying, difficult and, in some cases, tragic times. Each Thursday, my restorative yoga teacher leads us in dedicating our practice to those in need of our compassion and strength. My practice today is dedicated to anyone reading this who is in need. I will practice loving kindness today in your honor.

May you be held in compassion.

May you be free from pain and sorrow.

May you be at peace.




Namaste


prayer from the book The Gift of Loving-Kindness

With much love,

Roxie

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Roxie.
    And it is in these trying times that we can be thankful for the grace that they are not tragic like some have to endure today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie,

    Friend, you have my heart!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to them as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple yet powerful words in that prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :-)))
    Sending love and prayers to those in need.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, caring, and soothing sentiment. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.