Friday, September 25, 2009

The Dress Is In the Mail


Well darnit! Pebbles' wedding dress did not arrive today and so right now I am not sharing a wonderful moment with my daughter as she tries it on for the very first time. Instead, I am still at work. The bridal shop promises that it will be in on the 12:30 shipment tomorrow. We shall see.

Spin class today was awesome. Our instuctor just finished a big triathlon in Washington DC a couple of weeks ago. Ran a personal best and finished in the top third. I think that's a pretty big deal. She's my favorite spin instructor. I tend to work harder for her.

So my plans for the weekend include a long workout at the gym tomorrow. Then the rest of the day will be spent with Pebbles - having lunch, trying on her dress, going to take another peek at a dress for me, and visiting the venue for the not-a-shower-or-reception party that I'm throwing for the happy couple in December. It is my hope that we can get that nailed down. Whew! I've got one other wedding thing to finalize on Monday and then I think we are through with this hayride. (Everyone who believes that - stand on your head!)

Saturday is booked solid. Don't know what's on tap for Sunday. As I said, I may sign-up for a yoga nidra on Sunday. It's a special class at the yoga studio. Sounds like I will be paying $20 to take a nap - which a good nap is worth it's weight in gold, imho.

As for the other stuff - I feel good that I asked for what I wanted. I can choose to take other actions, but I was clear about my rights.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Keep with your appointed rounds.

-Roxie
153.5

pic November 2004 - me and Pebbles in Paris - that's the Eiffel tower sticking out of her cute head.

5 comments:

  1. I choose to wait at least another month before I stand on my head...thank you very much.

    Enjoy this girlie time with Pebbles.

    I am kind of jealous. My only daughter's wedding is long gone.

    Hugs and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun wedding planning day! Those don't come around very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind of wedding activities! Enjoy it - I only have sons, so will have to hope that their future brides will invite me along.

    You said you liked that particular spin instructor and tend to work harder for her - I so get that, as I work much harder for Linda than Will at my gym. It shouldn't really be that way, but it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you and your daughter. I've never had kids so I'll never know the joy you must be feeling. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to paris was an awesome experience. I hope your daughter's wedding goes off without a hitch.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.