Monday, September 14, 2009

Locked Down and Out


The best laid plans of mice and men....I headed off to the cross-county Pseudo-Jesus Gym only to be denied access. LOCKED OUT. Granted, it had been a while since I've been to that branch, but my card worked before, darn it. So no gym yesterday. I did do some errand running and some straightening up, so all wasn't lost. Yet.

At some point in the late afternoon, I took leave of my good senses and ate way too much, and in a decidedly disordered manner. It was a binge. It's been a long, long time since I'd done that - but there was ice cream involved. Ah, well.

In other news, I've been pondering something that Jill posted on FB about breaking up with a famous person's tv show. I find myself growing more and more unpeaceful each time I read something going on in the world - violence, bigotry, general asshattery (Kanye, I'm looking at YOU), ignorance, politics, trashy (IMHO) reality tv in the Springer vein. I will continue to do what I can to follow my convictions and act locally, but I cannot take all of this stuff in and maintain any peace. I will also not look at ANYTHING whatsoever to do with weddings and receptions. I am putting myself on LOCK DOWN.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Garbage in, garbage out.

-Roxie

pic: public art in Princeton, NJ taken 2009

7 comments:

  1. I totally feel you about the depressing state of the world, and some of the people in it. Then something will happen, and people will surprise me for the better! I have to know what's going on. On the days I feel especially sensitive, I try not to watch or listen to anything.

    Sorry about the binge. Lots of things going on and you were alone. The making of the Perfect Storm of eating. At least for me. To bad I'm alone all the time.....lol

    breathe...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that out-of-control feeling that accompanies a binge. Hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a newspaper subscription in years and rarely watch the news. My stint with not watching tv was an eye opener ... I didn't realize what an effect it was having on me. Now that I'm back to watching, I'm careful about what gets in.

    Now I need to control my own garbage that I let in.
    It gets pretty stinky.

    lol @ dis*ordered manner of bingeing. is there a way to be orderly about them?

    i wish we could un order them after they happen.
    we can only move forward i guess.

    hope things are better for you today, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice, GI/GO.
    I agree 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I check Google news one a day or so...rarely watch tv news and only skim the paper - it just gets to be too much! There is nothing wrong with shielding yourself form the bad stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, our good sense does take some ill-timed breaks. Hope today was a better day for you.

    I agree with you re: Kanye and general trashiness of TV. I'm down to 2-3 channels, basically, and one of those (TLC) is probably going to be off my quick-click list really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I don't know why I bother making plans. I don't follow half of them. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.