Monday, September 21, 2009

My Butt Is Draggin



Saturday, well, the best laid schemes of Vermin-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and men.... I didn't get my long workout in on Saturday morning. I chose to come home and get to work on the new Experience Brussels Sprouts exhibit that was going in the backyard here at Hillbilly Haven. It was a jungle out there! There was mowing and weedeating and cleanup. We've had so much rain that Bick and I felt like Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas hacking their way through the jungle in Romancing The Stone. I took down our summer tomatoes to make way for the EBS and we added amendments and I cleared and cleaned up debris for the better part of the day. Then came the planting. I got everything set out and then planted our swiss chard and spinach beds. Worked most of the day and then decided nothing do me but I have a Blizzard for dinner. And I did. And as has happened in the past, it did not agree with me. When will I learn? Don't answer that.

Sunday proved to be a much better day. I pulled Malibu Ken out of the Car Pavillion and onto the lawn for his first (by me) hand washing and detailing. He's very sparkly now! Just in time for more rain tonight. Ah, well. For one beautiful moment, there was Camelot.

So much for menu planning - it fell right by the wayside. Bick had thawed one of the ginormous steaks for his dinner on Friday, but ended up ordering pizza. So, we were going to have steak on Saturday night until the Blizzard hit. So the steak was switched to Sunday. So last night's dinner was a 1/2 steak, carmelized brussels sprouts and onions, Bick added some wild rice and I made him some peppercorn gravy to go with his rice. We also grilled some chicken breasts for today's lunches.

The bath salts were a moderate success. I tried to go sans essential oils, as my travels didn't take me to any place where they were available for purchase. I had some dried lavender, so I just used that, along with epsom salts, sea salt and baking soda. It smelled wonderful in the container, but without the essential oils, there was no "aromatherapy" according to The Nose (Bick) - the flowers weren't powerful enough to fragrance the salts. So, I'll add some essentials next time, but I thought it was pretty nice. And it was very fun to do!

On Sunday, I reverted back to what I know works for me. I got up and got dressed (ala Flylady) and I got started with some decluttering. I just let the momentum I'd built up power me through the rest of the day. Nicest day I've had in a while. I went to a local Mom and Pop nursery and bought some lemon thyme, curly parsley and Italian flat leaf parsley to use in my winter containers.



Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Start the day with your shoes on.

-Roxie
156

pic: Unknown Plumbers circa 2007 - Digital media.
I took this picture at Universal Studios in Orlando.

6 comments:

  1. You'd think our brains and stomachs would get together and talk every once in awhile. How many times do we have to make poor choices that make us feel miserable to learn not to do it again? Don't answer that... I'm not sure I wanna know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insaniy...doing the same over and over, expecting differnt results.

    Yep, I could be labeled insane then..lol.

    Sounds like a great weekend. I need to see pics of the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't have to go to the gym, all that yard work was work enough! Can we see some pics? And don't leave out the f*ck me shoes. I must see them, lol.

    That picture is hilarious :D

    Just a tip for "The Nose", if you put the dried lavendar in a little muslin bag, tie it and let it hang under the faucet while the tub is filling, it might add some aroma.

    Repeating bad behaviours is one reason I gave up dating. Not flirting, just dating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all do the 'spinning our wheels' thing. I think it's part of the adventure. An annoying part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I was afraid to click on that picture, but I did...and I'm glad to see it was t-shirts! LOL!!!

    Sounds like Blizzards get you like Wendy's Frostys get me...but every few years or so I have to have one just to be sure - ugh!

    How do you caramelize brussel sprouts? Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed out loud at that picture. I thought it was real! I couldn't believe a lady plumber would let her pants fall down like that. Then I enlarged it and realized it was their shirts. You had me!

    Carmelized Brussels sprouts, now I'm hungry! And planting Brussels sprouts too. You must be another Brussels sprouts lover too.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.