Monday, September 28, 2009

Simply Divine.

First things first. Here's the dress. It looks very good on her. There's a couple of minor alterations that need to be made, but it's pretty good right off the rack.

As I was sitting on a bench outside the bridal shop awaiting her arrival, I was reminded of a time about five years ago. Back then, I was sitting on a bench on a city street in Paris, having just arrived that morning and having found my way, using public transportation - bus and train - to our hotel. It was my first trip abroad and I was there to meet up with her. She'd left Texas nearly three months before to live and study in Florence for the semester. She'd spent a summer in Italy a couple of years before, but this time it was much less structured. She was to arrive from Florence on the overnight train and we were to spend four days in Paris before both going back to Florence.

I remember being so excited to see her that I sat in the cold, watching for her to come up from the subway. That day, I was coming along side to share a bit in her European experience. Today, I was coming along side to share a bit in her latest journey. So much has changed since that day in Paris - it's hard to believe that it has only been five years. I'm excited for her as she starts this next big phase of her life.

The dress took me away from my exercise today and I didn't get a chance to make it up, as I had to work from home until late to catch up on the work I'd missed today. Had I known the dress would really arrive, I wouldn't have gone in at all. Would have saved me two hours in drive time, to be sure. Oh well.

Tonight's dinner was good, although a bit disjointed flavor-wise. Not particularly complementary. I should have thought about that. Bick loved the bhindi masala. To which I say "Ha!" This coming from the man who doesn't "like" Indian food.

I bought what may be my MOB dress - a very simple, linen Calvin Klein dress. Plus, I bought a fun, long dress for Puerto Rico.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Share in the milestones.

-Roxie
153.5

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get my workout in either. Apparently, the Jewish Community Center where I work out is closed on Yom Kippur. What the hell's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is de-vine. Really, a work of art. I like her taste.

    It sounds like you and Pebbles are so close. This is a wonderful time for you both.

    Thank you for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, and very appropriate for her style. Great choice Pebbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be one of the most beautiful wedding dresses I've ever seen. Very elegant, classy, just gorgeous. You had better post wedding pictures of her wearing it. I can't wait to see them.

    I love Indian food. Curry anything...yummy! Great, now I'm hungry and it's only 5:17am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is breathtaking!!! Wow!!! I can't wait to see the wedding pictures - Pebbles will be gorgeous!!!

    Nice reflections on where you both were 5 years ago...dang, they just keep growing up, don't they? ::sniff::

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is BEAUTIFUL. I love it! Enjoy this special time. You both have come so far in the past 5 years it is wonderful that you recognize and appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is lovely. Need to see pic of your dress as well. Can't wait for pic of the real thing. Is she going to be barefoot?? Would love that....lol

    It's funny how things change and in no time at all it seems. Nice memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress. There's a lot to be said for clean lines & simplicity. This will let Pebbles shine.

    Has it been 5 years since Florence? Guh. Seems like it was only a year or two ago . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazingly beautiful dress. I don't believe Bick doesn't like Indian food any longer.

    Love the last sentence, always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful. The dress. I missed a couple of workouts last week. It happens. The point is to not make it a habit.

    What a beautiful little word picture you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful. Loves the back. Like the mermaid effect at the bottom. Glamorous but simple..very pretty, I hope your daughter is really enjoying the whole process. and omg Jack...that is too funny.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.