Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stacking The Odds

This morning I am doing activities that stack the odds in my favor of having a good week. I've done prep work so that my breakfasts will be easier to pack and go during the work week. I've colored my hair (yes, I went a little too dark and resemble Elvira, but not in a booby-way). I've removed my mustache so that I resemble Wayne Newton a little less and I'm getting ready to tackle my hobbit-feet.

After that, I'm going to go cross-county to spend some time on the treadmill at the other Jesus Gym that's not actually a part-time church - weather here is NOT cooperating. Then I'll swing by a couple of places to pick up a couple of clear bins. I'm working on decluttering an unused room in the house so that we can bring back in the big old ficus tree from outside. It's grown too big for the living room and it's time to go through some stuff that has accumulated and pitch or pack. I LOVE decluttering.

Then I'm thinking of treating myself to a movie - Steve, perhaps.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind others. What can you do right now that will make success easier to come by in the coming week?

-Roxie
153.5

4 comments:

  1. I went to see The 500 Days of Summer yesterday. It was cute.

    Love to see your new Elvira look.

    Did some major decluttering myself this weekend. I wish it would rain here. So sick of HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dropping by to check on your blog. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decluttering as well! Makes me feel all serene to see a clean, clear space.

    Love your plan for success - the times that I do this, life runs so much smoother.

    I saw 500 Days of Summer a couple of weeks ago and it was good. Steve - love Sandra Bullock so that one is on my list! Might go see Extract today if we get everything done early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too find that decluttering is helpful in so many ways... plus it burns calories and you're not eating while you do it.

    Sounds like you've got a good plan for the week.

    I agree with FMcBPants...I want to see the new Elvira look!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.