Thursday, October 15, 2009

Accentuate The Positives



Thanks for the kind comments yesterday. And a special thanks to longtime friend Meg, who called me up on the PHONE - even though we both hate the phone. We had a good talk. Funny thing with Meg - we basically became friends as she was leaving town some years ago. We maintain our friendship with a few emails interspersed between face-to-face meetings that happen maybe once a year if we are lucky, where we brew a pot of tea (or four) or open a bottle of wine (or four), get comfy and settle in for an hour (or four) long chat.

My circumstances have not changed, but my acceptance of it has. I just have to know that some growth is painful. It's called a comfort zone for a reason; moving away from it will cause some growing pangs. And that's where I am. Trying to grow comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. Just learning to take a deep breath and lean into the pain. As I said yesterday, this feels important and right. Doesn't feel good, but I guess not everything is supposed to.

Wedding Update: Another potential bridal bouquet. Pebbles likes the cala lillies. This one looks a little large, but the color is awesome. I am seeing a lot of the berry-type thingies these days with modern looking greenery accents in bouquets. I've got the not-a-bridal-shower luncheon venue booked. She'll order the invites this week and that is really the most of it - except dealing with the RSVPs which people do not do anymore. I do have one little surprise up my sleeve, but I'll wait until it shows up to unveil it.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Got Growth?

-Roxie
153

ETA: A friend just sent me this quote : "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain."

9 comments:

  1. It is all about reshaping your comfort zone. Change is hard, but it can be good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed our talk and wish I could help.
    You are handling this so incredibly well. I am so impressed. Be proud of yourself!
    We all are learning from and being inspired by you.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing you can count on is change! I do not like it one bit. Even if it's a good change. Why do you think it took me 10 years to change my eating habits...lol

    I'll say it again, you're doing great. I like what Lori said about reshaping your comfort zone.

    Do what's best for you...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only person who likes change is a wet baby.

    Do what you need to do and move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to be resistant to change too, but almost every change I've made in my life was a good change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bouquet was beautiful. I love berries, texture texture texture......Hope you feel better soon. Keep on keeping on, the new you will become the old you soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wishing you lots of strength to get you through this. It's going to be alright. That quote is perfect!

    Love the cala's! And that color IS fabulous.

    Take care of yourself, Rox.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really struggling with a lot of changes at the moment, even if some are good, I feel horribly unsettled.

    I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.