Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Faux Row Faux Row Faux Row Your Boat



I've decided to row today at lunch rather than treadmill. There's no tv to watch, but I brought my iPod to listen to. I am hopeful that will keep me engaged for the hour. Sometimes the hardest part to overcome is just the shear boredom.

I spent time on the yoga mat this morning, spent a few minutes meditating and did some actual writing in my journal. It had been a long while since I'd done all three of those in the morning. It was a nice way to start what I thought would be a stressful day. I have to move a lab from one location to another and I hate dealing with hardware. Turns out, that was the easy part of the day.

I picked up my mail this morning and in it was a letter from my Mom's attorney asking me to sign away my legal rights to my Dad's estate so that she can sell the property. So here it is. On one hand, I'm glad to see that she now knows/accepts that I've been right and that I have legal claim to the estate. On the other hand, I've got a pretty difficult decision to make. And soon.

So I'm trying to breathe through this latest development and I really need a more physical outlet than the treadmill, so I'm off to row my troubles away.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Start your day in the best way possible.

-Roxie
155

10 comments:

  1. I find the rowing machine incredibly tedious too - I've never actually managed to spend more than about 1 minute on one without a TV! Did you find the ipod got in the way - or do you have a wireless one?
    Sorry to hear that you have a difficult decision to make. Its a step forward, but deeper into the maze. I hope the exercise helps you sweat off the stress and see your way to the answer - it's a healthier and more productive way to work through the stress than some I might often use... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowing is kinda boring to me, but I like to mix it up by doing, say, 10 hard pulls (getting the rpm up over 1000) every few minutes or so. Still, I'm impressed that you could do it for an hour!

    Re the other issue - that's tough. I'll be thinking about you today, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visualize yourself rowing down a beautiful lake trying to whip the opposing teams ass!

    Yes, I'll be thinking of you too.
    I can't imagine the difficulty of this situation.
    What is the true outcome you'd like to see?
    Is the acknowledgement enough? Do you need more?

    I hope a peaceful satisfying solution makes its way to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always sucks to get lawyers involved in a family situation. I am hoping that you can resolve this feeling like it's a win-win for all involved.

    I don't know if I could just row for an hour. BORING!

    I love it when I get centered before I start my day. Makes for a good day, no matter what happens!

    hugs...you'll mkae the right decision, whtever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga is so fabulous for destressing. It's my go-to these days.

    It will all be over soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Rock!

    I gave you an award. . . drop by for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a rower. I just do the precor thing for an hour. I end up listening to fm radio. If I hear another black eyed peas song I am going to scream. Well, an acknowledgement that you exist legally was good. I hope you make the decision that you can live with long term.
    sincerely,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the rowing helped. What a thing to have to work through. Do what is best for you.

    Your birthday weekend sounds like the perfect gift of love and family. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the rowing went well. Sometimes those mindless sorts of aerobic exertions can be very meditative and calming.

    Re: the big decision - A whole lot of reading I've been doing lately advises one to protect what is rightfully yours, be sure your motives are pure and act with grace & compassion towards the other person/people involved in the conflict.

    I'll certainly be thinking good thoughts for you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bah, sorry your day was a bit tough, but how good that you got such a nice start.

    I find the rower the hardest as it hurts my back, but I am gradually getting better on it. Yeah, the boredom factor is definitely the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.