Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How Many Points Are There In Ego Biscuits?

Just how many points are there in ego biscuits? I need to know, as I'm feasting on one right now. I was in my boss' office discussing a work project and he says "There's something that I want to tell you - you are going to make one hell of an old woman. I had this thought at your birthday party last week and everytime I see you, it comes back. You are a long way from old, and I hope I live long enough to see it, but you are going to rock old age. You are better now than you were ten or even fifteen years ago."

I've worked for this man for nineteen years and would follow him through the gates of hell. It was a nice thing for him to say and it happened on a day when I could use a little nudging from the universe.

I did not get to the gym to row yesterday, as the lab reconstruction kept me from getting a lunch break. I did go faux row today for an hour and it was lovely. I shall follow my ego biscuits with a dose of Aleve, as I think I'm going to be sore in that most glorious way.

10 comments:

  1. The really great thing about ego biscuits is that they actually have negative calories if they are not eaten too often. :)

    I missed your birthday. Happy birthday! Wishing you many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing for your boss to tell you! I would be glowing from that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY to you and your nudge from the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, no points - it's for free so you can eat up all you want.
    Nice thing to hear from someone who has watched your progess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a cool thing to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a wonderful thing for your boss to say. he sounds like a great guy. And honey, we are all gonna rock old age. I know I am. The next 35 are going to be better than my last 35. Oh, and i like longer answers. one word answers are a kind of a stupid rule anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a while to figure out what an ego biscuit is...I misread and thought you were saying "egg biscuit." ha ha

    What a nice boss, but from what I've gathered from your blog, I'm sure what he said is true. You Will Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooot wooot! It's always nice when folks say lovely things unprompted. And mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. put me on the "Ego biscuits are calorie free" side. You may have as many as you can tolerate. Glad you have a boss that appreciates you AND lets you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ego biscuits even more than I love my Memaw's buttermilk biscuits. Ego biscuits swell your heart, not your waistline. :)

    Quite a compliment you received! I'd float for a few months on kind words like that.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.