Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the Mat

Today's class is restorative yoga. It's like naptime for adults. My favorite hour of the week. Not much else happening - I feel like I'm getting back into my groove, a bit. Mom's birthday luncheon plans have been postponed. Looks like my sister can't make it. So we'll reschedule sometime in the future.

I'm having to sit on my hands not to book a trip somewhere with the airfare wars going on here in Dallas. I've got MAJOR work projects that will keep me tethered pretty close to home for the next nine months, so other than PR, no go for me - other than perhaps a long weekend spent here in the state. The assignment is a plum for me, but it comes with heavy responsibility and exposure. So I will need to keep on top of it and not let it overwhelm me. The last time I did something like this was about three years ago and it completely derailed my running. I went from completing a ten miler to practically not exercising at all in the span of about three months. And my profile this time through is much higher.

What I Loved About Yesterday: What I loved about yesterday is the same thing that I love about today. Yoga. Sandy and I attended a beginning yoga class last night and it was wonderful. It's been my experience that there are two types of yoga studios - new-agey and old hippy. Last night's was old hippy. Studio in a college town with a class of old and young. I wasn't the oldest and there were other college-aged women in the class as well. It was Sandy's first yoga class. Her only other exposure was to a DVD that she just bought last week. She said she loved the class and wants to come back next week. So looks like I've got a plan for Wednesday nights, barring interference from her new job.

This Wednesday night thing might just be the kick start to succeeding in my Hot 100 goals. Extra exercise, plus there's no time for dinner! I don't like to practice on a full stomach, so I ate my usual boiled egg right before leaving the office. I had a bit of really good manchego cheese at the house when I was rushing through to change clothes. I threw an apple into my bag for after class and it was 9:30 by the time I got home. I didn't want to eat that late, so I just bathed and went to bed. The scale was happy with me this morning.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Shake up your routine.

-Roxie
151

2 comments:

  1. Tempting air fares - sometimes I just need to take a quick trip and I don't think I could resist the prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a good yoga class. I tried one at the Y that was distressing dull AND difficult. Not what I was hoping for! Maybe I need an old hippie class :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.