Saturday, October 3, 2009

Planning Ahead



More notes on food - In most cases, I do not follow recipes exactly. I use them as general guidelines. I'll usually try to carb-down a recipe with substitutions for me. Also, as you can see, somethings are bumped from the plan if LIFE intervenes. Seriously, Italian chicken and chickpeas has been on the menu for three weeks. I've yet to get it served.

Saturday: Tonight Pebbles and Slater are coming over. Slater is teaching me and Sandy how to prepare sushi. Should be fun! Bick arranged this little get together - bless his pea-pickin' heart.

Sunday: Italian Chicken and Chickpeas


Monday: Green Pepper Pork Chops and asparagus

Tuesday: Servian Cevapcici and roasted vegetables. Risotto for Bick.

Wednesday: Supermarket Rotisserie chicken and broccoli.

Thursday: Roasted Vegetables on Cheese Toasts for Bick. Roasted vegetable salad with cheese for me.

Friday: To each, his own.


I'm feeling a little puny this morning. Pebbles took my Mom and sister and I out to dinner last night. Wanted them to meet Slater. It went okay. I'd been quiet about my most recent flare up with Mom as this is the time for Pebbles. I got through it and they seemed to like Slater well enough. Both were unhappy with her decision to marry in Puerto Rico, but it's not up to me to mediate. Her decisions, her outcomes.

It's off to the gym this morning for at least a bit. I've got to go to meet my Hot 100 goals for the week (tomorrow too). So this is me going to the gym when I DON'T WANT TO! But hell, I can stand anything for an hour. If I don't go, then I'll spend the rest of the day feeling bad about it. So I'm going, not because I want to today, but because I don't want to feel bad about NOT going. Make any sense? I didn't think so.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Buttercup's. Like your menus and will try to do the Italian chicken this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie - Happy Birthday!
    Hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about your mom and you not being on good terms. I once had one heck of a thirty some odd year blowout with my mom on Christmas day 2006. Nice I know, but when the time is due, it's due. Good on you for keeping it manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to the gym when you didn't really want to...Good for you girl! Birthday? Woohoo! Happy Birthday! I think your doing great with your daughters wedding plans. May i have your strength. I believe marriage is instore for my 'little one' in the near future too. But if she's happy i'm happy. Hang in there girl! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your birthday ... crap.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROXIE!
    I gave you an award on Sunday ... I never do this but I had a moment of insanity.
    No pressure to play along but please accept the button.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.