Saturday, October 10, 2009

Planning: We'll See What Sticks



I am dragging this morning. I've got The GrandBeast for the weekend and I do believe he is a spoiled brat. He is used to sleeping on her kingsized bed and that was NOT an option here at HillBilly Haven. There's just not enough room for the three of us. Plus, Bick isn't a fan of sharing. So The GrandBeast did not sleep, but sorta wandered around. Every once in a while he would come into the bedroom and give me a snoozle - which he can easily do without even jumping on the bed. I ended up sharing the couch with him and trying to sleep. Tonight he and I will share the guest bedroom. I am hopeful that will work better; otherwise he just whines all night.

I'm kinda homebound today. I missed going to the gym this morning and Bick has to work today and neither of us want to leave him unattended. Miss SadieLu has her hair appointment today, so she's already off to the Doggie Day Spa. So I'm stuck. I don't think Pebbles left his walking harness or even his leash. If I can dredge up a logging chain, I may hook him up and get out for a walk. We'll see. Otherwise, it's exercise DVDs for me today. It's days like today that I wish I had a piece of home cardio equipment.

Enough whining. On to the menu planning. I guess I'll get to the store tomorrow when Bick is home to watch TGB.

Saturday - It will have to be something out of the freezer. I'm hoping for inspiration, although it may be just open the door, close my eyes, pick and hope for the best.

Sunday - The great American traditional pot roast with carrots and parsnips. Pebbles and Slater should be coming back through from her "Meet The Fockers" weekend at his parents. They've actually met before, but that was before the engagement!

Monday
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli

Tuesday
- Skillet Pork and Peppers with cauliflower

Wednesday
- Moroccan Lamb with roasted vegetables

Thursday - Baked Paprika-Parmesan Chicken with whatever vegetables still need to be eaten

Today has the makings of a difficult day, eating wise. I'm pretty stuck at home, weather is crappy - all the more reason to develop a plan for distraction if I get too snacky. I'm hoping a nap will fit in there somewhere.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. If Plan A fails, build a Plan B.

-Roxie
154

4 comments:

  1. Snoozle ... I love that one.

    If I could, I'd send all this Canadian sunshine down your way.

    Despite everything, have a great Saturday and leave the snacky snacks alone!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard horseback riding is good exercise. Maybe you can strap a saddle on GB and get your workout that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be raining or snowing everywhere today. Snowing here ugh. what kind of dog is that? I once had to babysit a mastiff. He ate one pound steaks whole.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.