Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Thing I Loved About Yesterday


It's time to make sure the good stuff gets some focus. So I'm going to try to remember to add a new feature to this blog. The Thing I Loved About Yesterday.

The thing I loved about yesterday was the weather. It was picture perfect. After returning home from the gym and then my grocery errands, using the house as a windbreak, I planted myself in the backyard. I took out some of my magazines and sat outside with SadieLu and read for an hour or so. Then I hooked up the old girl and we went for a walk. An extra special benefit was that the airshow was going on and I got to see some formation flying from my vantage point. Had I stayed inside, all of this would have gone unnoticed.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Acknowledge the good.

-Roxie
152

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Sounds like sensual overload! I love the name SadieLu.

    Great for you to pay attention to all those positive details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new feature, it's a great thing to focus on the positive. Fun watching the airshow. We have one here every year. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this feature. I try to do this every day for myself, but this is a great formal way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather here was gorgeous as well. I took full advantage and biked. Alas, there was no air show for me.

    Stay gratedful! Love the new feature.

    Have a lunch date for Indian food this week. Thanks. I'll let you know what I think.

    my word verification is "muckers". Just thought it was funny. Yea, I act like I'm 12 sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a losvely weekend, and I like the focus on "The Things I Loved About..." Especially when we're in funks, or just experience the grieving and sadness of which you've spoken, finding the good and cultivating gratitude is an excellent strategy and remedy.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.