Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What Condition My Condition Is In


Yesterday was not a great day for me. I actually put up a whiny post, but pulled it soon afterwards.

I need to keep reminding myself that my emotions/feelings are not eternal truths. They are only how I feel on that day, at a specific point in time. I need not take actions based upon those emotions. I need to remind myself that tomorrow is another day and while I may feel craptastic today, it may not be true tomorrow. I tend to get all "woe-is-me-ish" rather than just noticing without judgment the condition my condition is in.

Such was the case between today and yesterday. Today things look positive and brighter again; yesterday was a beating. But this morning I'm back to my "old" self. I'm looking forward to my exercise today at lunch and eating on program.

Technical question: When I look at yesterday's puppy post in IE there are 6 photos. When I look at the post at home via Firefox, there are but 5. Any ideas as to why?



Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't let you emotions rule your world.

-Roxie

pic: possible wedding bouquet style for Pebbles. She has decided we shall shop for flowers from the market while in PR and I shall create her flowers the morning of the ceremony with whatever is available. I think I'll be doing some practice tying between now and then. This looks like a dozen of the rose-type flowers, 2 exotics, greenery and some berry kinda things.

10 comments:

  1. I use Firefox and I do see 6 pics. So I'm not sure why you're only seeing 5.

    Beautiful choice for flowers...you are going to do them yourself???? You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Firefox and see 6. Maybe it is just a glitch for you or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Firefox and I see six.

    Great idea for a bouquet - I love a bride who is willing to go with the flow!

    I saw the post about your sister but had nothing decent to offer in a comment. Sometimes you just have to write it down and then do the technological equivalent of tearing it up. Glad you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand what your talking about. My reality isn't real...only to me...at the time..lol.

    My day is better as well.....I never did see a Sister post. Now I know why.

    Thanks for the kick in the pants yesterday. I needed that!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv the bouquet!

    as i quit eating junk my emotions evened out a lot. 'cept now there r hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I need to keep reminding myself that my emotions/feelings are not eternal truths." What a good concept to remember. Wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, your pearl of wisdom applies to me. I think it's my hormones that play with my head from day to day, lol.

    I hope you had a good day at the gym. Sweating it out always helps me get my thoughts back in order. And now that I've said that, I totally want to crack up! A few months ago, I would have never said that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fantastic post. I love you noting that however you feel in any given moment on any given day is not a predictor of your eternal truths, or your essential reality. It's just a composite reflection of what's going on internally and externally at the time. To understand that a "wah wah wah, poor me" day is not the best time for me to make decisions of import is huge.

    I add that I don't have to believe every thought that comes into my head, because some days the thoughts are negative and self limiting, at best! If we wait it out long enough we'll find that everything changes, and "this too shall pass" - the crap, the self pity, and also the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use firefox 3.0.14 and I see 6 pony, I mean Dog, pics. 'Course, I have my resolution cranked to 1920x1200 too.

    Love that 'condition of my condition' phrase. Need to figure out where to slide that into a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey that is what I did too... Told myself I could manage the flowers on my own, why pay a florist when there is the GRAND W*lM*rt down the road? (See, Arkansas is good for somethings...)

    I only told myself I didn't want any ROSES or any PINK. But when I got there some 7 hours pre wedding, that is exactly all they had.

    Hmmm, it was a great lesson to NOT HAVE expectations, because as I thought to myself, "YUK!!" turned out my flowers were one of my favorite things about the aesthetics.

    Can't wait to see all the photos!!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.