Sunday, November 15, 2009

Feeling At Home

Pebbles called yesterday morning and wanted me to come to Dallas. Slater is in California visiting friends and then goes to North Carolina for a week on business. He and Pebbles are looking for a place to rent together. Right now, they are both trying to get their respective homes re-let. Pebbles is on the hunt for a new place. And given the fact that I love looking at houses, homes and hovels, I was totally in. So I nosed Malibu Ken towards Big D to spend the day with my kid.

I think Slater is one smart dude. Letting her pick out the place is a wise idea. She has very specific likes and dislikes and places that seem perfectly fine to me, she would dismiss right out of hand. But still, as long as I didn't have a horse in that race and we weren't on a time schedule, it was interesting to go through some of Dallas' neighborhoods. She is not interested in a traditional apartment complex - instead she was looking solely at lofts and building renovation/conversions. So we say some very interesting places. But she fell in love with one. Said she knew it when she walked in. It was lovely and quirky and interesting. No boring beigy stuff for my kid. Now she just has to wait until she gets the sign off on her sublet on Monday and she can sign the lease for the new place.

I made the choice to go to Dallas, so no exercise, no grocery shopping, no cake baking. I did, however, put together a menu for the week and a grocery list. So pretty soon, it's off to the store. Jesus Gym is closed today, natch, so I think today's exercise will be a home DVD, which is fine, since Bick isn't home.

Eating yesterday was, well, not my finest hour.

The thing I loved about yesterday
was all of it. It's been a long time since I had the luxury of spending the whole day with Pebbles. Plus I did sneak in a bit of shoe shopping since I was with my shoe consultant. Shoes are here. Love them!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Home is where the shoes are.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. Must be cool to watch your daughter pass all these milestones. I think there are times (like me currently) when you have to keep reminding them to fee the dog so it won't die, that you wonder how in the world they are going to function in the real world. But they grow and do.
    This is fun to watch along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heels!
    Oh I love snooping around real estate myself. That would've been fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day. My daughter is gaga over model homes. She can spend an entire day of it....lol.

    Love the shoes. I am so afraid I will end up twisting my knee if I wore high heels.

    Planning the menu is half the battle. Your one step further along then me. I better get on it!

    Sounds like you're feeling better. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, what a great way to spend the day... I love going to open houses even when I'm not in the market!!

    Can I say shoe envy... I think I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel that you really enjoy your day and oh, the shoes are so nice :-)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.