Monday, November 2, 2009

Ready, Set, Monday!

Are you ready for Monday? I am. I feel like I'm getting my mojo back. I'm a skirtful of sass this morning, ready to Get Stuff Done! What a relief!

We had a wonderful weekend - it was both productive and lazy, if that makes any sense. The perfect balance. A rarity, for sure. The weather was picture perfect, after having the 6th wettest October in the history of ever. A little sunshine and very little wind made it wonderful to be outside.

I did get a disturbing phone call on Sunday morning. Evidently Pebbles was injured in a freak Halloween party accident. They had just arrived and she was putting their refreshments in the fridge. When she opened the door, another party-goer's refreshment fell out on and on her foot, slicing it open. Rest of the evening spent in the ER getting stitched up. I had to take the "Mom tone" with her this morning to get her to call an ortho, after she complained of a droopy digit. Tendon damage, likely. I am hopeful she will get this taken care of or I may be required to go full-on frontal Momness on her 26 year-old butt.

My workout plan today involves running one mile at lunch. It's been a while. We'll see how I do. I have not made any menu plans for the week, so I need to get a little something down on paper - but I think it will be the most basic - something grilled and something green.

What I loved about yesterday: Yesterday was just a lovely day. I got a few things done - made Bick some more bath salts, picked up the house a bit, watched me some NASCAR 'Dega, baby, and made some Italian bread soup for dinner (no bread in mine). Just felt right and in tune.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Ride the wave.

-Roxie
150

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! It's almost worse when your child gets hurt than when you do...

    "skirt full of sass" ... I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard the weather report say that we would be sunny and dry all week my mood immediately improved, so I know how you are feeling!

    Love the skirtful of sass - go you, Ms. Sass!

    Too bad about Pebbles' foot...she needs to get that baby healed up before the wedding - glad she's getting it checked out further.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "skirt full of sass" too! You Southern girls are so full of moxie!

    Damn those freak accidents ... hope Pebbles is healed up soon. She definitely doesn't want to mess around with the foot damage.

    Good to hear you were in Balance and that you're rarin' to go!

    Have a great week, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaay on mojo! HOpe Pebbles is better soon. Ouch.

    Skirtful of sass is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

    Hope Pebbles' foot problem isn't too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo! Happy Monday. Glad your week is starting out grand!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.