Sunday, November 8, 2009

S is For Sinuses

Again with the ouchy! Or drippy or some other malady. And I have to fly out this afternoon for a four day work conference. So I've tucked my neti pot and a ziploc with salt in my suitcase and hope to get the bag of white powder through airport security! Looks like last week's headache was a harbinger of things to come.

This will be a tough slog - I've got to be "on" a lot at this meeting and I just want to stay home in my comfy cozy robe and drink tea. Oh, well. Can't be helped. I'll just try to make the best of it. Making the best of it yesterday involved ice cream, which I keep forgetting makes me feel ill. A touch of lactose intolerance, I suppose. But did it stop me? No. Don't expect to feel like running the 5k race on Tuesday. I'll do well to participate at all.

I've got more packing to do, so I'm out for now. Don't know if I will get a chance to update while I'm away.

The thing I loved about yesterday is Pebbles' relationship with the ex-Bubba. The Ex-Bubba isn't her dad. Her dad was my first husband and he's pretty much been absent, by his own choice, from her life. She hasn't heard from him in several years. In spite of our differences and in spite of the difficulties during Pebbles' teenaged years, Ex-Bubba always loved her and he still does. I was concerned that after our divorce that they would drift away, but they have managed to continue to have a relationship that doesn't have me at the fulcrum. Pebbles took Slater to meet him yesterday and she reported they had a lovely time. I felt sure they would all get along. Slater possesses a good many of the Ex-Bubba's good qualities.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Stay healthy.

-Roxie

6 comments:

  1. "This mysterious white powder is to go up my nose." Hmmmmmm... good luck with that story at airport security.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between your post and Jack Sh*t's comment, I have had a great belly laugh this morning, so thanks, Roxie!

    Hope you get to feeling better - being sick and having to travel/work is just no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jack's comment LOL!

    So glad to hear Pebbles still has a good relationship with ex-bubba.

    Good luck with the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Jack!

    Man... sinus issues suck. If someone told me for $50,000 you can be healed of your sinus problems forever I would figure out a way to finance that money. The pain, pressure, constant exhaustion... ugh.

    Hope you feel better soon! Good luck with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUP, Jack cracks me up!
    Sucks about travelling with being sick. Nothing like that air pressure and plugged sinuses... ouch.
    Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay hydrated! Supposed to help.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.