Monday, November 16, 2009

Single File Restart

I've been floundering a good bit and it's beginning to take it's toll on my sense of well-being. I've not been doing the "good for me things" with any sort of consistency. So it is with lovingkindness and gentleness that I am, with over half of the 100 day challenge already spent, putting myself back on the straight and narrow. I'm facing a tough run of things between now and the end of the year - a lot to get done in my professional life, my personal life and in the care and feeding of my ownself. I've let taking care of me fall down in my priority list. It's late in the race and it's time for a single-file restart.

The thing I loved about yesterday was spending some time reading for pleasure. I forget how much I enjoy reading and let my days fill up with activities that I don't enjoy nearly as much.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Restart as many times as needed.

-Roxie

8 comments:

  1. What are you reading? I just finished a new John Sandford murder mystery. Love him!

    Push restart! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are putting yourself first now. It's so important, because no one else will do it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're pulling it together for your Self Roxie.
    Thank God for restarts and do-overs.
    I love reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I seem to have put ME on the back burner of my life. Everyone and everything has been more important than my health and well being.

    I'm back at it too. Putting me number one. It sounds selfish but I can't be any good at any of the other stuff unless I take care of myself.

    Funny thing about the reading. I told my husband last night that I need to start reading during the day instead of at bedtime when I fall asleep after reading a paragraph. I miss reading. I read a lot on the airplane trips I've been on recently, so I kind of got the bug for reading back. I'm reading 1,000 White Women right now. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always restart as many times as needed.
    ISn't the cheesy saying "it's not the goal, it's the journey." Every day, every hour sometimes is restarting.

    I hope you get back to unfloundered soon as long as that is where you would like to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice. I think I need to remember to restart every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are fitting some you time in there. It really helps with everything else. So I've discovered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using all my reading time for exercise time. Something has to give.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.