Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gig 'Em


I suppose in the archaic history of Texas collegiate football, the last thing I should be saying is "Gig 'Em", as I bleed purple and not maroon, but seeing the Aggies in action is truly a cultural experience. The band performances are AMAZING - and I am so not a band geek. But I promise you, seeing this in person on an extraordinarily beautiful Thanksgiving night, with the flashbulbs popping, would bring a lump into the throat of anyone, save the most hardened t.u. fan. Loved every minute of it. Bick's cousin is a pretty high roller in this town and I was sitting on the 48 yard line. I've never had such good seats to any football game, ever! Amazing experience and exciting game.

The entire holiday was good. Lots of travel, but good visits with his relatives. I'm glad to be home, however. Lots to be thankful for. First and foremost, Pebbles and Slater got themselves moved over the holiday, so we don't have to help today. Yay for self-sufficient kids!

The thing I loved most about yesterday was my early morning walk with SadieLu through Bick's Mamma's laked community. Beautiful and quiet. We got in a nice hour of solitude before anyone else was up. Getting centered and focused is a beautiful way to start a day.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Revel in tradition.

-Roxie
152.5

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a nice visit. You know i scrolled back over your weight numbers and girl your weight is coming down nice! Have you noticed??? Hee hee i'm sure you have. Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a nice holiday and fun at the game! I'm sort of jealous! One thing I miss about Texas is the spirit for Football. We got to go to a couple Cowboy games on Thanksgiving and had the best time (even though they lost both times)

    Getting centered does sound great! I plan to follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care for football much, but I agree that being at the game is way better than watching on tv. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my 'giveaway' post! I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glad that you enjoyed the game - I would love to see the band in person. They replay their performance here during the week on our local PBS station...they really are amazing!

    We go to Kyle field once a year for the Crosstown Showdown game between Bryan and CS - always so fun! Can't imagine seeing an actual A&M game!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.