Monday, December 14, 2009

Awkward Familee Fotos

The ExBubba has fully embraced the biker lifestyle since our split. This photo was the about the third one taken of us and Pebbles had just made a smart @ss comment that cracked me up. Probably the best picture of me the whole day, but The EX looks scared to death. Our relationship really is much better than it appears from these photos.

The luncheon went off without a hitch. Pebbles said it was exactly what she wanted, so I even if she was fudging the truth a bit, it went okay. There were no scenes, no blood was spilled and no cops were called :-) All good things. Oh, and my sister called me late Friday night asking if it was too late for her to attend. So, she broke rank with the rest of the crew and joined us. That made me pretty darned happy. So all in all, it's done and I did my best to stay present. I've been fighting the tendency to second guess myself. "Oh, I should have done that. Or, I wish I'd said this." But I'm trying to nip that sort of thinking in the bud. It's over, it's done. Just let it be. No good can come from hashing and re-hashing.

The food was wonderful and the service spot on. Pebbles was right about this being really fun food. It was fun and it was good. The perfect choice to keep things from getting awkward-er.
I certainly fully indulged. I will not weigh again for days - so much for those low numbers I've been sporting. Oh well, today is back to the routine.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Relax.

-Roxie

14 comments:

  1. No cops? Pretty sedate afternoon then. Slater and Pebbles make a very handsome couple - and Pebbles is just gorgeous all on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. You look fantastic and the kids look happy. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You can tell by the happy faces in the pictures that the day was a success. You look so gorgeous in your pashmina!

    Pebbles and Slater are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Pebbles both look beautiful!
    It sounds like a great luncheon. Glad you indulged and made the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your daughter are both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My guess is that you're laughing at that beard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo.
    Which beard?

    ;-)

    Sort of cracks me up with the bike "costumes." I know folks who wear that stuff too. And I know what they look and act like without their costume on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit and can so see you in Pebbles...both of you are gorgeous! Glad the lunch went well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are all adorable. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. I'm glad the luncheon went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bubba really does have that "deer caught in the headlights" look.

    The happy couple looks, well, happy!

    Your looking very chic as well. Love the outfit, you look marvelous!

    Your almost to PR! Thought about ya over the weekend. Glad it went well, and that the sister showed up. That made it nice.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do look beautiful. Radiant, actually.

    I'm going to have to try The Melting Pot. We have one in Houston. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm drooling over that pashmina!! You look gorgeous!! So does the happy couple!! (not that i'm leaving bubba out or nothing!!)

    So glad you all had a nice time and it's a short time till you leave for your trip!!

    exciting stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.