Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cruel Shoes

I made myself head-bobbing lame yesterday trying to wear my new cute shoes. That's it. Sandy can have them if she wants them. My feet hurt for hours even after I took them off. Hell, they still hurt today. I desperately needed to go to the store last night, but I could not make myself take off my slippers.

So today, I am shod in a less painful fashion and it's off to the store(s). Jeez, there is so much to buy. I let Pebbles have so much of my stuff when she was initially moving to Dallas and I was moving in with Bick and now, I've got no iron, ironing board, no coffee pot, no vacuum, and the list just goes on and on. Hell, I've got nothing much to cook with. But I'll get it all replaced in some form or fashion, either by purchase, swap or barter.

The thing I loved about yesterday
is my trash concierge. Seriously, here at The Closet there is a walk around trash service every evening at 8pm. The management even provides the trash can for a more uniform look. So between 6pm and 8pm, just place your trash and recyclables right outside your door and it magically disappears. Yes, I know I pay for this, but I hate taking out the trash worse than just about anything!

I've got one more little luncheon related thing to do before Saturday. I've got the favor boxes for the take-home red velvet cake and I think I'll go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels to see if I can find some easy way to jazz up the 4X4 plain boxes. I'd appreciate any easy ideas as supplies and time are limited. Also, I do need to buy trash bags for the aforementioned trash service. And I will look for some low-rider brown shoes. Everything I have is heeled and strappy. I need some shoes for winter. I've got nothing that is closed-toe.

Went to the gym this morning and had some company. There were three other people that came and went. Tomorrow I will try to take some pictures of life here in The Closet.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Put on your walking shoes.

-Roxie
151

11 comments:

  1. That book cover brings back some memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been known to throw away (or throw into a donation bin) shoes that hurt my feet too much. Usually I give them 3 tries after that away they go!

    I would TOTALLY pay for that trash service. Sounds like heaven to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, trash service sounds WONDERFUL! I swear, it's the little things that make all the difference sometimes!

    I'm the same as Helen - I've come home wearing shoes that killed my feet and put them directly into the Goodwill bag...no second chances with shoes - life is too short to have sore feet! Hope you find some comfy, cute shoes today.

    For the cake boxes, what about gluing a shell to the top (something to tie in with the beach wedding) - maybe with a little raffia bow? Or would that be too bulky? Shell stickers, then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trash service - I would love that! I've just put my trash out and had to walk all the way down the drive to do it - 2 trips, counting the recycling! And its cold here! And raining!
    When I work in a city and walk a lot, I tend to wear my walking boots / gym shoes for the walk and carry my 'good' shoes in a bag to swap them over when I get where I'm going. But then I'm scruffy and have no problem walking the streets in a black suit with brown walking boots - as least as long as my co-workers can't see me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of trash service! Can't wait for some Closet pics.

    I can't stand uncomfortable shoes as well. I haven't worn high heels in so long that I am scared I would hurt myself on the darn things.

    Sounds like your settling in. Good for you. It sounds like your are going to be your own Santa this year with all the stuff you have to buy. That is kind of exciting too. Seting up house just the way you want it.

    You are leaving soon for P.R.??? Was wondering if Bick is going to be there. Nosey, I know. Feel free to tell me it's none of my business.

    No, really

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew... now I know I'm not the only one who hates taking out the trash. (and when I say hate, I mean DESPISE!!) What a delight for you.

    Comfy shoes... let me know where you find them!! I'm always on the hunt as well.

    Hmmmm, quick, simple decorating idea for the plain boxes... Definitely a ribbon could work with her wedding colors.?. You said they're getting married on the beach? What about gluing a round of shells on the knot of the bow? Hmmm, cliche perhaps.

    RED VELVET has me all fluttery inside, I can't possibly think now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a luxury, trash service.
    Every Thursday evening I have to push 3 carts up a hill to the street above my house. But then from there I have a service though we don't refer to it as the Trash concierge (I'm thinking that's a nice title). I guess I should count my blessings or I'd have to drive to the dump with trash in my trunk.
    oh...
    Life in the Closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love magically disappearing trash. Not that I have to take too terribly far ...

    My wedding shoes were the worst ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wore some boots the other day that made me get a kink in my neck! I think I was drawn up in a knot all day from the pain. And I really like those boots.

    Daily trash pickup sounds like a dream. And they take recycle stuff, too? Awesome.

    I hope you are taking good care of yourself. You've had to give up a lot and that's not easy. You totally amaze me though, just getting it all done and keeping your wits about you.

    Love Shelley's idea for the boxes.

    Today I wish I had my own closet. The thought of starting over with no clutter sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm...maybe I should start calling my husband the trash concierge....it's his primary duty. lol.
    this is why I have NO heels.
    I loathe painful shoes...in fact, i loathe shoes.
    I must wear them to the gym, they told me I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I despise uncomfortable shoes. I just will not wear them. So my closet is full of Dankos, which is the closest I come to a dress shoe.

    Trash service sounds luxurious. I hate taking the 3 bins up our long, steep driveway...and it always seems to be raining when I do it. So enjoy.

    Sounds like you are hanging in there with all the changes...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.