Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hurdle #1

Hurdle number one is tomorrow. There is a work celebration that I am coordinating and it's got my trousers in a twist. By tomorrow at 4pm, it will be over. One hurdle jumped with more to come. I'm just taking them one at a time and I am allowing myself to stress over them far too much.

Then there are other events this week and weekend - the next hurdles in the race to Puerto Rico.

The thing I loved about yesterday was for one brief moment I thought first and acted second. It was a small victory, but a victory all the same.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Might as well jump.

-Roxie

8 comments:

  1. Events, the race to Puerto Rico - sounds like NASCAR!

    Take one hurdle at a time snd remember, getting caught up on one doesn't ruin the race - get to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roxie! I loved your victory about thinking first and acting second! Fantastic! A friend in AA talks about how he used to operate by "ready, fire, aim"! Now it's "ready, aim, fire". That's just what you're talking about. I need to read back a little to see what Puerto Rico is about, but I'm sure you'll be up to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am usually a thinker THEN a do-er. Though I have been forcing myself to do, then think so I can get more used to the way the real world works.

    Puerto Rico, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One small victory at a time leads to the next. Before you know it, it's a habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love your victory...and wish I could do that more often (or ever, ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to mouth off and regret it later....now I shut my mouth, about have a heart attack, vent within' and then feel very superior and mature later lol.
    Great job on that front,
    Victory!
    Thanks for the comment...you are right, it is one day in what I hope to be a loooooong life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That link was hilarious.

    Thinking first and acting second...that's sounds so easy but is really so hard. Congrats on actually doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small victories are great; I would love to be able to think first and act second. Or think first and then not speak!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.