Friday, December 11, 2009

Now That's Cozy

This story makes The Closet's 500ish sq feet seem mansion-esque by comparison.

Today is the office Christmas luncheon, followed by the family luncheon tomorrow. I will be glad when it is over. I will have to practice all sorts of centering in order to be present and ENJOY what is actually happening rather than considering it just the next thing to get through.

Logged some more time on the treadmill last night - mostly an excuse to watch some television. I'm now the poster child for slow media - I've got no attachment to the outside world other than 9-5 at the office. No tv, no internet, no radio - a blackout, of sorts. I will change some parts of this, but certainly not until I return from the wedding. No need to pay for something I'm not going to be around to use. Plus, this gives me an incentive to get to the gym.

The thing I loved about yesterday was the raspberries I bought to make a sauce for my salmon. I ate them out of hand. They never made it to the sauce.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get closer.

-Roxie
147.5

10 comments:

  1. Interesting article. I love the idea of running to pick up your clothes at dry cleaners before work. Also like the no cooking part....lol.

    Good luck with the work and family stuff. After this it's just a matter of getting on that plane to P.R. I'll be thinking about this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax and be present at those functions.

    Sometimes it is nice just to zone on the treadmill. At least you don't have to worry about traffic or dogs or anything like that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. and down some more Isee...I buy blueberries to put in stuff, and it never makes it in...sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. Now I want raspberries.

    Good luck with making it through. Being present might bring you some joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be thinking about you over the weekend. My whole existance lately has been to "get through it" I know it is not forever but sheesh I am ready to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those party events all day tomorrow.
    It's one way for me to "be closer." Though I'll be practicing centering and breathing and all sorts of presence things.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good golly, enjoy the weekend. Think of it as an opportunity to practice "being in the moment". Besides, you're the mother of the bride - you can do no wrong!

    (Just let the bride have her way as long as it doesn't bankrupt anybody)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping you in my thoughts. Try to enjoy yourself. And don't forget to breathe..........!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one wild couple...too funny that they don't cook and therefore get to keep their clothes in the kitchen cabinets!

    Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid that couples place would be too close for comfort for me. If it were just me and two cats, I could do it ;)

    Just keep thinking about PR! Check your shoulders. If they're up near your ears it's time to relax, lol.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.