Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh, My Aching Back

OUCHY! I woke up this morning with a stabbing pain in my back when I tried to move. I hobbled over to the gym thinking I could walk it out. And I did feel better - as long as I stand up and walk. Anything else, any bendy movement and it's a knife fight. So I've called in today and made my way over to the store to get some sort of medication. Aleve - my OTC back pain medication of choice. It's crazy expensive to start up another household. It didn't occur to me, nor did I have the time to split out all those things that we routinely keep in our homes that we accumulate over time - such as pain killers, antacids, cotton balls, spices, detergents and the list goes on and on.

And since I don't have internet access yet, I stopped by the local corporate coffee shop, bought a card and now I'm wifi-ing it from there - checking my work emails and blogging a tad. I must get better, I just must. I've got a car trip to Houston, followed by a 4 hour plus flight. I cannot be sidelined by this. I bought some of those heating pad thingies and I'll head to the doc for heavier duty options if I don't feel better tomorrow.

Eating yesterday was HORRIBLE. If it was a sweet, I ate it. Hadn't had a day like that in AGES.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Bend and stretch.

-Roxie

11 comments:

  1. Oh Crap! I hope it works itself out. Feel better.

    When you moved I thought about what fun you were going to have setting up another house. That's bound to get expensive. I thought that too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not what you needed right now - hope Aleve does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like F. McButter Pants.....she doesn't beat around the bush.."Oh Crap!" That about says it! LOL! Hope you feel better girl. What crappy timing! Theres that crappy word again. Crap! Be thinkin' about ya. Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Roxie, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Hey, you'll be in my neck of the woods. be careful out there. It's nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are feeling crappy. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glass of wine perhaps?

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, I loathe back pain or neck pain...there is almost nothing that can be done to make it go away but time.
    feel better...and aleve is my drug of choice 90 percent of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Christine...have a glass of wine and relax. I think you are probably stressed out, and your back is telling you to take it easy. ("Take it easy, Roxie, if you don't...I will MAKE you take it easy.") As a long time back/neck pain sufferer, I find it usually is related to how much stress I'm under at any given time.

    Another thing...I find ice works better than heat. So if the heating pad isn't helping, try an ice pack.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, no! I hope your back is better now. Must be all the tension? Have you got a heating pad?

    Car trip to Houston? When? Is it to go to the airport? Maybe we could meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't beat yourself up for the sweets. When you're in pain, something's gotta give for a bit. You'll be back on track in no time.

    I hope your back feels better fast. Aleve is good stuff - I just switched to that from ibuprofen for my knee and it seems to be helping a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.